Important Ebus Relaunch Travel Info
As we resumed our service in BC on June 4th and Alberta on June 11, we have implemented several new policies, procedures, and safety measures to ensure the safety of all staff and passengers.
What you need to know before you travel:
- All passengers will be screened. All passengers will be asked health and safety screening questions prior to boarding. Should a passenger fail to pass the screening, they will be denied boarding.
- All passengers will be required to wear face masks at all times. For the safety and well-being of our passengers and employees, we require all passengers to wear masks over their mouth and nose while at all times; this includes check-in, during the boarding process, during the trip, and while disembarking on all Ebus routes. If a passenger does not have their own mask, they will be available for purchase. If a passenger refuses to wear a mask, they will be denied boarding.
Facemasks are mandatory for travel and will be available for $3. If you'd like to purchase both a facemask and hand sanitizer, the cost is $5.
Passengers can purchase them from our ticket offices, from our Passenger Experience Representatives, and from Drivers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What safety protocols are you putting in place for your relaunch?
We have developed a new program with enhanced cleaning, strict protocols, and elevated procedures called Safely Clean so that all staff and passengers remain safe.
2. What extra cleaning procedures are you undertaking?
As outlined in our Safely Clean program, we’re regularly cleaning and sanitizing all high touchpoint surfaces, restrooms, and have also introduced electrostatic sprayers to clean in between each trip. Electrostatic sprayers allow the appropriate sanitizers, mold preventatives, and disinfectants to wrap around and evenly coat all types of surfaces for a more complete clean.
3. What are electrostatic sprayers and how do they work?
Ebus is leading the industry and ensuring the safety of all passengers by introducing new, state of the art cleaning technology. Electrostatic spray technology is a new way to apply cleaners, sanitizers, and disinfectants to help treat surfaces, with better coverage than traditional cleaning methods. The technology is well-established, with a history of more than 60 years in other areas, including agriculture and automotive industries, but it has only recently been applied to surface disinfection.
Electrostatic sprayers work by charging liquids (i.e., cleaners, sanitizers, and disinfectants) as they pass through a sprayer nozzle. This generates charged droplets that repel one another and actively seek out environmental surfaces, which they stick to and even wrap around to coat all sides. The result is a uniform coating of sanitizer or disinfectant on sprayed objects, including hard-to-reach areas that manual cleaning can miss.
4. What will the bus capacity be?
Although our Ebus coaches have the capacity to seat 52 people, we’ll be blocking alternating seats and only allow 25 people onboard per trip. Our Alberta coaches regularly seat 48 people, but we're only allowing 23 people onboard per trip. Please see seat map below (represents a BC coach).
5. What will your social distancing look like onboard?
With mandatory facemasks, authorities do not require the 2 metres between people, but we’re taking extra precautions. Again, although our Ebus BC coaches seat 52 people, we’ll be blocking alternating seats and only allowing 25 people onboard per trip. In Alberta, we're allowing 23 onboard per trip out of the 48 seats available. We will allow only 2 people per row and will alternate aisle and window seats for extra distance between passengers.
See Social Distancing map below:
6. Are face masks mandatory?
For the safety and well-being of our passengers and employees, we require all passengers to wear face masks over their mouth and nose while at all times; this includes check-in, during the boarding process, during the trip, and while disembarking on all Ebus routes. If a passenger does not have their own mask, they will be available for purchase. If a passenger refuses to wear a mask, they will be denied boarding.
7. Why are face masks mandatory?
Aligning with recommendations from provincial and federal authorities, face masks are mandatory because they offer an extra layer of protection from spreading contaminated droplets and receiving droplets from others. This is extra assurance in case somebody is not aware they are infected and it avoids putting the safety of others at risk.
8. Will you be screening passengers?
Yes, all passengers will be required to answer health and safety questions prior to travelling with Ebus. If they do not pass the screening questions, they will be denied boarding.
9. How is the air filtered onboard?
Drivers will ensure the HVAC is set to use fresh air at the highest settings possible to reduce the amount of recycled air, and filters will be replaced regularly.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you onboard soon!