Ensuring we’re Safely Clean to get you Safely Home
Safety has always been our first Core Value, and our new Safely Clean program is our renewed and strengthened commitment to getting our passengers Safely Home. Upon resuming our services, Ebus is introducing a full program dedicated to enhanced cleaning and sanitization, preventative measures, and elevated protocols to ensure the safety and protection of our staff, passengers, and the communities in which we operate.
Here are some of the Safely Clean protocols you can expect when traveling with Ebus:
1. Health Screening Questions will be asked of all travelling passengers
2. Plexiglass has been installed for the protection of both staff and passengers
3. Hand sanitizer will be available for everyone’s use
4. Face masks will be required by all passengers. Masks with exhalation valves are not recommended, because they don't protect others from COVID-19 and don't limit the spread of the virus.
5. Social distancing will be practiced within the offices
6. Face masks will be available for purchase from our staff
7. Desks, chairs, doorknobs, and all frequently touched surfaces will be regularly sanitized
8. To avoid multiple touchpoints, we will no longer allow luggage to be stored in our ticket offices
1. Coaches will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized
2. All passengers will be required to wear face masks
3. Drivers will be wearing face masks while interacting with passengers
4. Drivers will wear gloves for the safe handling of luggage
5. Customers will be asked to social distance while waiting for luggage to be loaded and for embarking the coach
6. Drivers will continue to load and unload luggage to reduce the amount of touchpoints and to safely store items in luggage bins during travel
1. We will be blocking seats to increase distance between passengers
2. Passengers will be required to wear face masks at all times while onboard
3. Seatbelt buckles and seat controls will be thoroughly sanitized
4. Armrests will be thoroughly sanitized prior to each trip
5. Thorough disinfection of restrooms
6. Overhead bin handles will be cleaned and sanitized
7. Seatbacks, outlets, and cupholders will be sanitized
8. We’re introducing an electrostatic sprayer as part of sanitization between trips
Seat blocking map:
With mandatory facemasks, authorities do not require the 2 metre distance between people, but we’re taking extra precautions. Ebus BC coaches are able to seat 52 people; however, we’ll be blocking alternating seats and only allowing 25 people on board per trip. We will allow only 2 people per row and will alternate aisle and window seats for extra distance between passengers.
Please note that Ebus Alberta coaches are able to seat 48 people, but we're only allowing 23 people onboard per trip, with the same seat blocking as show below.