Ebus Luggage Policy
Due to COVID, we're currently not storing luggage in our offices so please only arrive 20 minutes prior to departure. We won't be able to watch or store luggage for passengers who arrive hours before their departure.
*Please note that due to enhanced safety measures, only one carry-on is permitted per person. Carry-on items are restricted to essential items only. This includes water, medications, electronic devices, etc. All carry-on items must be kept in the overhead compartment and cannot be stored underneath the seat.
Passengers travelling on Ebus are allowed three (3) pieces of luggage in total. Your carry-on bag* must be able to fit into the overhead compartment, and only one (1) bag per person is allowed, with essential items only. The maximum number of pieces allowed on is six (6). Charges for extra luggage are noted below.
- Carry-on items must fit in the overhead bins and can include briefcases, laptop bags, purses, small back packs, diaper bags, and such.
- Carry-on items must be stored in the overhead bins during travel.
- Due to safety issues, carry-on items cannot be placed on empty seats as it could become a projectile in the case of a sudden stop.
- The aisle must be kept clear of carry-on items, including shoulder straps.
- Alcohol is not permitted on board under any circumstances.
- The following items should always be carried in your carry-on to limit the possibility of loss or damage: laptop computers, car and house keys, medication, cash, high value items such as cameras, jewelry, and electronic devices.
Dimensions of Overhead Bins
60” wide, 10” deep, 8¾” high angling to 7½” high at the back.
Charges for Extra Luggage
- Effective June 1, 2019, passengers will be charged for all additional luggage at the rate of $15.00 per piece (includes GST). Bicycles may be transported at a cost of $20.00 each (includes GST) and must be boxed or wrapped to ensure safe transportation (see “Protection of Luggage” below).
- Ebus does not carry freight, as such, we have the right to refuse items deemed not to be essential or luggage. As well, we reserve the right to limit the size, weight and the number of items you wish to check in.
- The maximum extra bags allowed on Ebus is three (3) for a maximum of six (6). Exceeding the total number of bags allowed is not negotiable and refusal to comply will result in refusal of service.
Items deemed essential for the well-being of our passengers will be transported at no charge. These items would include: walking or mobility aids/devices, car seats, and oxygen canisters.
Protection of Luggage
- In an effort to protect all luggage stored under the coach, items should be packed or covered in such a way as to not be damaged during transit or not to damage other luggage. It is important that items of a breakable nature (TV’s) or those that contain pointy (ski poles) or greasy (bike chains) parts are secured by a box, suitable covering, or plastic wrap/bags.
- Ebus reserves the right to refuse any baggage that is not packaged securely. All items must be in a suitable container that is not at risk of being damaged or causing damage. Acceptable baggage includes things like suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks, storage containers, and securely taped cardboard boxes.
- To avoid luggage mix ups, it is recommended that you place a visible identifier on your stored luggage including a luggage tag with your name, address, and phone number. Ebus is not responsible for a passenger picking up the wrong piece of luggage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your checked luggage is placed in the correct compartment prior to departure. As well, it is your responsibility to remove all personal items brought on to the coach, Ebus will not be responsible for items left behind on the coach or luggage issues as a result of a change in your arrival point.
- Please ensure you clearly advise the representative loading your luggage of your arrival point, to ensure your luggage is placed into the appropriate compartment.
Weight Restrictions for Luggage
For any piece of luggage over 60 lbs., the driver may ask the passenger to load and unload their luggage at the pick-up and drop-off points. The passenger must be capable of loading their own luggage.
A firearm may be transported as long as it is in a proper locked case and must be placed under the coach. The firearm cannot be taken out at any mid-trip stops ( i.e. Red Deer or Grassland) unless that is the end point for the passenger. A hard case is preferred, but not mandatory. We DO NOT transport ammunition.
- Maximum baggage liability is $350.00.
- Ebus will not be responsible for the loss of or damage to checked luggage in excess of stated maximum liability.
- Ebus does not accept liability for loss of or damage to unchecked baggage carried on board, or items that do not comply with our policies stated above.
- Any damage must be reported to Ebus within 24 hours or claim may be refused.
- Lost & Found items found on board our coaches or in one of our offices will be kept for a period of 30 days before being disposed of.
- Ebus does not allow for overnight storage in any of our locations. Luggage that has been left behind and deemed by staff to be purposely abandoned will be disposed of after 96 hours without contact from owner, or 6 days with contact.
- Items that have been left at one of the secondary locations (Calgary North, Calgary Airport, Red Deer, and Edmonton Ramada South) will be sent to the nearest main ticket office.
- Items left at courtesy/remote stops are not the responsibility of Ebus.
- We do not have locked storage in any of our locations and cannot guarantee the security of items that have been left behind.