BEFORE YOU GO
Effective June 16, 2022 face masks are no longer mandatory for passengers or drivers onboard our coaches. This policy is in alignment with the Provincial legislation that has removed the measure on public transit and intercity buses. We support a mask-friendly environment and ask that everyone be respectful of others, whether they choose to wear a mask or not.
** Masks are available for sale at our offices.
With the removal of Covid related travel restrictions across Canada, we will no longer be offering the option to purchase an extra seat next to you at 50% of the fare, effective November 1st, 2022.
Mandatory ID Before you go
All passengers over the age of 18 must travel with Government Issued Photo I.D.
Two (2) pieces of valid government-issued non-photo identification with matching names. Passengers who don’t have the correct forms of I.D. forfeit their travel with Ebus.
For Example, Valid Forms of Government photo I.D. are:
- Driver’s Licence – Provincial or Territorial
- Provincial or Territorial I.D. Card
- Canadian Armed Forces I.D.
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Card
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card
- Corrections I.D. Card
- Federal Police I.D. Card (RCMP)
- City Police I.D. Card
We accept either photos or photocopies of any Government Issued Photo I.D.
Valid Forms of Government non-photo I.D. are:
- Provincial or Territorial Health Care Cards
- Birth Certificates
- Social Insurance Card
- Old Age Security Card (OAS)
- Release notices from correction facilities
We do not accept photos or photocopies of Government Issued Non-Photo I.D.
In accordance with the Government of Alberta and the Government of British Columbia’s Public Health Measures, we do not require proof of vaccination on Ebus trips. Effective February 9th, 2022 in Alberta, and April 8th, 2022 in British Columbia.
Due to COVID-19, we’re currently not storing luggage in our offices. We won’t be able to watch or store luggage for passengers who arrive well ahead of their departure. Therefore, please only arrive 20 minutes prior to departure.
Travelling on Ebus, we include up to three (3) pieces of luggage in the fare, this includes carry-on items (1 max). The maximum number of extra bags we allow on Ebus is three (3) for a total of six (6). Extra bags are $15.75/bag. Bicycles can be placed under the coach but must be properly boxed or wrapped, and there is a $21 fee.
Weight Restrictions for Luggage
For any piece of luggage over 60 lbs., the driver may ask the passenger to load and unload their luggage at the pick-up and drop-off points. The passenger must be capable of loading the luggage.
Passengers travelling on Red Arrow are permitted one (1) carry-on only. Carry-on items must be able to fit in the overhead bin.
Dimensions of Overhead Bins: 60” wide, 10” deep, 8¾” high angling to 7½” high at the back.
- Carry-on items considered include personal items such as; briefcases, laptop bags, purses, small backpacks, diaper bags etc.
- Carry-on must be kept in overhead bins
- Carry-on items cannot be stored on empty seats as it could be a safety issue
- The aisle must be kept clear of carry-on items, including shoulder straps.
- We do not allow alcohol onboard under any circumstances.
- The following items you should always pack in your carry-on to limit the possibility of loss or damage: laptop computers, car and house keys, medication, cash, high-value items such as; cameras, jewelry, and electronic devices.
Protection of Luggage
- In an effort to protect all luggage stored under the coach, pack your items and or cover them in such a way as to not damage during transit or not to damage other luggage. It is important that items of a breakable nature (TV’s) or those that contain pointy (ski poles) or greasy (bike chains) parts are secured by a box, suitable covering, or plastic wrap/bags.
- Ebus reserves the right to refuse improper and unsecured baggage. All items must be in a suitable container that is not at risk of being damaged or causing damage. Acceptable baggage includes things like suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks, backpacks, storage containers, and securely taped cardboard boxes. Whether or not luggage is determined to be secure for transportation is at the discretion of the Ebus staff in order to ensure the safe transportation of all items.
- To avoid luggage mix-ups, we recommend that you place a visible identifier on your stored luggage including a luggage tag with your name, address and phone number. Ebus is not responsible for a passenger picking up the wrong piece of luggage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your checked luggage is put in the correct compartment prior to departure as well, it is your responsibility to remove all personal items brought on to the coach, Ebus will not be responsible for items left behind on the coach or luggage issues as a result of a change in your arrival point.
- Please ensure you clearly advise the representative loading the luggage of your arrival point, to ensure your luggage is in the appropriate compartment.
- Maximum baggage liability is $350.00.
- Ebus is not responsible for the loss of, or damage to checked, luggage in excess of stated maximum liability.
- Ebus does not accept liability for loss of, or damage to, unchecked baggage carried on board, or items that do not comply with our policies stated above.
- Please report any damage to Ebus within 24 hours or the claim may be refused.
- Lost & Found items found onboard our coaches or in one of our offices will be kept for a period of 30 days before being disposed of.
- Ebus does not allow for overnight storage of luggage in any of our locations. Luggage that has been left behind and deemed by staff to be purposely abandoned will be disposed of after 96 hours without contact from the owner, or 7 days with contact.
- Items that have been left at one of our secondary locations will be sent to the nearest main ticket office.
- Ammunition, and Bear Spray are not allowed on board any of our coaches or in our luggage storage area. Guns may be placed in our luggage bin only if they are in a locked container.
Changing Your Reservation Before you Go
Call by phone at 1-877-769-3287.
Changes can be made for a $15.75 fee up until departure time. Missing a departure forfeits the trip, and a new fare is required.
For refundable fares in Alberta, please visit our sister company Red Arrow.
Cancelling Your Reservation
All changes and cancellations must be done by phone at 1-877-769-3287.
Ebus Alberta: All fares are non-refundable and non-transferable. Make changes for a $15.75 fee as long as you notify us before departure time. Missing a departure results in forfeiture of fare. For this reason, you’ll have to buy a new ticket.
For refundable fares in Alberta, please visit our sister company Red Arrow.
Ebus BC: Fares fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to departure.
Alberta – Ebus AB is not equipped with wheelchair lifts. However, if you are able to walk up 8 steps on the coach on your own, you can travel on Ebus.
Note: Your wheelchair/scooter has to be able to fold and be easily stored under the coach.
British Columbia – Ebus BC equipment is wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair bookings must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your trip. Please Call 1-877-769-3287 for more information.
Note: Scooters must be able to go under the coach (they can’t go on the wheelchair ramp and load onto the bus).
Zero Tolerance Intoxication Policy
Ebus has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to intoxication. Passengers showing visible signs of intoxication are subject to removal from the coach. No open alcohol or drugs are permitted aboard the coach. Passengers caught with open alcohol on board, are required to leave the coach immediately. Additionally, no refund is given and they are banned from future travel with Ebus.
Passengers who require the assistance of another person to travel can bring an Attendant. The Attendant is responsible for the passenger they are travelling with and can assist the driver with that passenger in an emergency situation.
An Attendant must be fit to take care of another passenger and must pass specific criteria to be classified as one. Please do the following to reserve as an Attendant:
Make reservations, cancellations, or changes at least 24 hours before departure to complete the reservation.
Please note that Ebus does not allow pets on board. However, we do allow Service Animals.
Service Animals can ride on Ebus coaches. Tickets with a Service Animal must be booked with us by phone, 1-877-769-3287.
Emotional Support Animals
Effective December 1st, 2022, we will no longer be accepting Emotional Support Animals as companions onboard our coaches. Certified service animals assisting a person with a disability will continue to be accepted for travel with the proper process followed.
Children must be 13 years of age or older to travel unaccompanied on Ebus.
Temporary Fuel Surcharge
In response to fuel prices across Alberta and British Columbia, we have instituted a temporary fuel surcharge, which is currently $3.10.
Before you go -Travel Advisories
To view all current travel advisories in place, please click here.