It’s almost Valentine’s Day! Coming up with special ways to celebrate the people you love most can be a challenge, but we’ve got your back. Everyone knows the tried and true chocolates and flowers, a cuddly new stuffed animal friend, or a dinner reservation at your favorite place. Of course, these are the go-to traditions for good reason. But this year our goal is to help you get creative, try something new, and make 2022 a unique memory.
Instead of going out to eat, stay in and cook together. Food Network offers a great list of easy-to-make dinner ideas for the perfect night in. With the unseasonably warm weather, outdoor activities are an appealing option this year, if you’re looking for something different Olympic Park has tubing all season. Buying a card is overrated, try making your own this year. The possibilities are endless, if you’re not into cards make a date night jar. Write down date ideas and let the adventures continue well past Valentine’s Day!
There are many traditional things to do on Valentine’s day, date night is a great night but you can take it to the next level for this special day.
- Get giant milkshakes at ReGrub in Calgary, we recommend the Red Velvet!
- It’s hot chocolate month in many cities, go get a twist on a classic at one of the many locations participating.
- Get Outdoors! Tubing, Snowshoeing, or Cross-country skiing.
- Museums, Aquariums, and Theatres have great Valentine’s deals!
- Go mini-golfing.
- Look at your local event listings for Valentine’s Scavenger/Treasure Hunts.
Let us inspire you, get date night ideas in your area with these Valentine’s events!
British Columbia: Click here
Alberta: Click here